Born In The Islands...
While living on Sunset Beach on the Hawaiian islands of Ohau, Island Style founder Warren “Wazo” Wareing dreamt of starting a surfing company. A company that stays true to the traditional routes of surfing and the culture that surrounds it. Made by core surfers for core surfers is a mantra within the company.
In 1981 Wazo started Island Style as a small surfing accessories company, offering the local surfing community basic surfing equipment. Keeping true to its roots and surfing values, Island Style grew with the progression of surfing, giving surfers high quality surfing products designed by surfers.
The Island Style culture reflects a love for the ocean and the island lifestyle - simple and fun. As Wazo puts it, “We at Island Style are committed to a respect for nature, an appreciation of individuality and the spreading of the Aloha spirit. Our passion is the stoke of boardriding and creating products which take the sport to the edge. Products which we test every day of our lives. Island Style is not just another surf company; it’s a way of life… our way of life.”
Island Style, Da Right Style……..
To sustain and build Island Style as an authentic outdoor sports and lifestyle company, with its origins in surfing.
We also aspire to be a top quality, niche producer and distributor of Island Style branded products.
We work at Island style…
To promote the ocean and outdoor lifestyle which encompasses freedom and fun!!!
Our tag line
Come catch the wave with us...
1. To be committed to supplying superior service to the market, with confidence in our products.
2. To keep abreast of technology and to utilize top quality raw materials for the manufacture of Island Style products.
3. To offer the market functional products at best value for money.
4. To maintain our individuality and unique handwriting through design and our marketing strategy.
5. To be committed to the sport of board riding and to maintain our association and relationship with the ocean.
The Island Style Code:
1. Spread the ‘ALOHA’ spirit and the feeling of goodwill with each other and all the people that Island Style deal with.
2. Never judge a book by its cover.
3. Money is not the purpose of work – it is the reward for good service.
4. Unwavering integrity: never lie, cheat or steal.
5. No rain, no rainbow.
6. Have fun and keep it simple.
7. If we do something – do it properly.
*Aloha – means love, friendliness and compassion